If you're not already a member, please register an account by clicking the "Sign up now!" button. Once registered you can submit an application for consideration.

Read Before Applying What To Know Before Applying (No Half-Assed Apps)

Discussion in 'Recruitment: Apply to Join Malum Factum' started by Pimsley, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pimsley

Pimsley Well-Known Member COUNCIL

Apr 29, 2011
    Malum Factum is a large community of like-minded gamers. As such, when looking over new applications we like to have as much information as possible so that we can get a good handle on whether or not you will be a good fit for our community. That means you should spend time on your app - share as much as you can about your personality and gaming experience.

We also require new applicants to be interviewed via VOIP. You'll be sent a PM on the boards with the VOIP information if your application is being considered. This isn't meant to be a stressful ordeal by any means, we just like to take a few minutes over voice chat to get to know you better. This also gives you a chance to ask the officers any questions you have about the community before joining up.

Hey, friends of friends applying to MF. You are not special snowflakes! This applies to you, too. If your app is bad, you will get a bad response. Do not post a lackluster app or it will be auto declined.

Your forum name will be your Mumble name. Please use one people can pronounce.

Again, just to be clear. Half-assed applications will be picked on, abused, and probably declined! A good application takes 10 minutes to fill out. First impressions matter!

----------------------------

Example Application:
    (Title) Vee - Guild Wars 2 Application

1. Tell us about your character in the game you're applying for (Character name, class, why you play it, etc.):

My first 80 was V, a Necromancer. I chose this class because I liked the thought of running around with a horde of demon minions, and hoped the pet AI would be good enough to make a minion master build viable. After running a few dungeons and finding out that it wasn't, I switched to a condition build, and then to support at 80. Support appealed to me because I've played healers in other games (Priest in WoW, Sorcerer in TOR), and while it's not exactly the same, it's close enough to keep me happy. What would make me really happy is people remembering to stand in the white circles!

My second 80 is a Mesmer named E. I'd seen friends playing the Mesmer in World vs. World and really liked the idea of being able to portal bomb my team into the opposing force, or onto their siege equipment, etc. The kamikaze illusions and pink/purple butterflies were also a huge draw! After playing support for the first couple months after release, it's nice to be able to deal some serious damage.

2. What are some prior guilds/outfits you've been in and why did you leave? (including guilds from other games):

GCR - This was my last guild in World of Warcraft. It was a 25m semi-hardcore raiding guild, and I was the healing officer. I also handled recruitment, our DKP system, the guild bank, and updated our front page. I didn't technically leave, the leadership decided to take a break from raiding after we downed our first or second hard mode in Dragon Soul (Cataclysm). We moved on to Star Wars: The Old Republic together, with the Elitist Jerks Benefactor's guild.

ROTJ - As mentioned previously, this was my first guild in The Old Republic. I started the game a bit later than most people, so by the time I hit max level, most of my friends were geared up and clearing nightmare operations. I filled in for their healers occasionally, but ended up quitting when those friends stopped raiding (and then unsubscribed from the game).

MSW - After the EJB guild, I joined MSW. I had ties to them (Goon Squad) from World of Warcraft, and a couple of my remaining friends were members. I no longer play this game.

MF - Pick me?

3. Tell us your age and share a little about yourself:

My name is H and I'm almost 26 years old. I'm currently living in the U.S. with my fiance and our two kitties. I'm a nursing student that can't stand the sight of her own blood (other people's is okay, though). I enjoy long walks on the beach, but I could do without the candlelit dinners. If you need to know anything else, just ask!

4. How did you hear about Malum Factum?:

I was encouraged to apply by one of your members, C. I'm looking forward to participating in World vs. World with an organized team, and hopefully running some dungeons on off nights.

5. Have you read the stickies?:

Yes, I have.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.